Founded in 2002, Formos delivers SaaS product development, mobile applications, and process management solutions. We have a diverse mix of clients and projects ranging from augmented reality to construction, and environmental restoration to blockchain, from our headquarters in Vancouver, Washington, USA, and our offices in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, and Da Nang, Vietnam.
What to Expect
You’ll work with a dedicated team of full-time employees in a highly collaborative environment. We work hard and smart, delivering projects on time and on budget. Our proprietary process keeps us on track and ensures our team doesn’t scramble through late nights and weekends to hit our targets.
We offer a competitive salary based on skill set and experience with a great benefits package and clear opportunities for growth.
We are actively seeking one full-time, permanent Senior Software Developers for our new office in Quito, Ecuador. We need Java developers, .NET developers, and both Android and iOS mobile developers.
Software developers are the backbone of Formos and are responsible for the design and development of world-class software. You will work closely with both local and US based project teams including Project Managers, Solutions Architects, Graphic Designers, Developers and Testers. You may also occasionally interact with clients. As Senior Developers, you’ll mentor and guide our Junior Developers and tackle our tougher and most interesting challenges.
Candidates must be very sharp technically, great communicators, and pay strict attention to detail. You must demonstrate a deep understanding of software development best practices and have experience with some of the key technologies we use. Being fluent in English is preferred but not required.
• Design, develop, and test server side software in Java, C#, and/or Swift
• Develop front end interfaces using technologies such as Angular and React
• Perform application design/architecture
• Collaborate with PMs and other resources daily both in person and via video conference
• Potentially interact with clients, supported by Project Managers and other resources
• Mentor and support our Junior Developers
• Occasionally generate development estimates
• 5+ years of software development experience with Java, C#, and/or Swift
• 2+ years of experience with Angular, React, or other open source front end frameworks
• 2+ years of experience as a lead developer
• Experience with server side web frameworks such as Spring MVC, .NET, etc.
• Strong experience with enterprise class web development and/or enterprise mobile apps
• Deep knowledge of OOP principles, best practices, and design patterns
• Good working knowledge of database design and SQL
• Experience with JSON and REST Web services
• Experience with Hibernate, JPA, LINQ, or another ORM frameworks
• Great communicator and good at thinking on your feet
• Highly organized, detail oriented, thorough and patient
• Ability to think through problems and make suggestions for solutions
• A flexible and quick learner